From Competition to Co-Creation: How to Improve Collaboration in Science
Date and time
Wednesday, 28 October 2020, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. &
Friday, 30 October 2020, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Female PhD students and postdocs; max 12 participants
CRC 951 – Hybrid Inorganic/Organic Systems for Opto-Electronics (HIOS) in cooperation with WiNS Adlershof programme (Women in Natural Sciences)
In the scientific community, cooperation is increasingly expected for third-party funding applications. But in reality many researchers report a predominantly competitive atmosphere among their colleagues, which affects their daily work. In this seminar we will discuss ways to deal with this contradiction and find ways to make collaboration easier and more fruitful.
The workshop will cover the following topics:
- Digital tools and methods for collaborating in science
- Typical obstacles in science that create competitive relationships and how to overcome them
- What does co-creation mean?
- How to change your mindset into one more favourable for co-creation
- Creative methods for making something “really new”
- Creating your work system with others and improving your work flow