Diversity and Racism In The University Context
Tuesday, 31 October 2023
This special issue of ZDfm aims to bring contributions to the debates on racism and diversity in the German higher education context, from a variety of perspectives. For example, contributions may address the following questions:
- What is the role of race and racism in diversity policy? What are the concrete approaches and what can German universities learn from other international higher education contexts?
- What are important cornerstones of an intersectional diversity policy and how can anti‐discrimination institutions and structures be anchored at universities?
- What are the possibilities and limitations of intersectional data collection to make exclusions visible and to address exclusion mechanisms?
- What is the relationship between excellence and diversity and the related effects of inclusion and exclusion?
- How does the tension between internationalization and diversity play out?
- How can teaching/learning spaces be established as safer spaces and as spaces of resistance?
For more information see the links above.