Past events and projects
The following events and projects were co-organised by GeCo-GenderConsulting:
- Online collaborative training “Unconscious Bias in Academic Recruitment” on 28 April 2020 with Tanja Fagel (PR and Diversity Manager at the Berlin Mathematical School) and Dr. Virginia Merk (Managing Director at The School of Analytical Sciences Adlershof) for actors and stakeholders in gender equality at academic institutions in Berlin.
- Gender Equality and Family Friendliness in Research Alliances at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin – Integrating further partners into the collaborative digital information platform (www.metis.hu-berlin.de) and hosting an annual METIS Gender Lecture.
- Meeting on gender equality measures for HU research alliances on 13 Februar 2019 at IRI Life Sciences.
- Gender Equality and Family Friendliness in Research Alliances at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin – Integrating further partners into the collaborative digital information platform (www.metis.hu-berlin.de).
- Research-based job opportunities: New careers – Equal opportunities: Cooperation with the Geo.X Network and WiNS Adlershof to enable the participation of members of HU research alliances at the Geo.X Career Day 2019.
- Vereinbarkeit von Promotion und Familie – We assisted the Local Women’s Representatives of Humboldt Graduate School, Uta Sommer und Juliane Schiweck, in creating and implementing their brochure on balancing doctoral studies with family life.
- Career Navigation – Equal Opportunities In and Outside Academia: Cooperation with the Geo.X Network and WiNS Adlershof to enable the participation of members of HU research alliances at the Geo.X Career Day 2018.
- Gender Equality and Family Friendliness in Research Alliances at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin – Collaborative digital information platform with research alliances of Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin (www.metis.hu-berlin.de).
- Between conferencing and changing nappies: Organisation of two discussion forums in September 2017 for doctoral and postdoctoral students with children in cooperation with the Local Women’s Representatives of Humboldt Graduate School, Uta Sommer und Juliane Schiweck. Parents and expecting parents participated in discussions on campus in Mitte and Adlershof, talking about the difficulties they experienced during their PhD or Habilitation at the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin.
- Forschung und Familie – das geht?!: Podium discussion in November 2017, organised with the HU-Kommission für eine familiengerechte Hochschule, the Personalräte and the Central Women’s Representative. HU representatives, PhD students, postdocs with children and the author of the BuWin-Bericht (Bundesbericht Wissenschaftlicher Nachwuchs), Dr. Antje Wegner, discussed their experiences, the structural obstacles they have faced and solutions for helping them successfully balance an academic career with family.
- Information event on the subject of DFG research alliances, gender equality and GeCo-GenderConsulting at Campus Adlershof on 1 Juni 2016.
- Meeting about gender equality measures for managers of coordinated programmes at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin on 24 February 2016.
- Workshop about gender equality and diversity for Clusters of Excellence on 24 November 2016.
- Pooling made easy – Potentials and good practice for HU Research Alliances – Conference in the Senate Hall of Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin on 20 April 2015.
- From 1 April 2012 until 31 December 2015 GeCo-GenderConsulting was co-funded by Berlin Programme for Equal Opportunities for Women in Higher Education (Berliner Programm zur Förderung der Chancengleichheit für Frauen in Forschung und Lehre, BCP).