Safety in Uncertain Times: A Roadmap to Internal and External Stability and Financial Safety
Date and time
Monday-Tuesday, 6-7 December 2021, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Female PhD students and postdocs; max. 16 participants
WiNS Adlershof (Women in Natural Sciences)
How has and will the pandemic change our lives, working styles and economic situations? How can you master feelings of uncertainty and fear to stay calm, confident, motivated and on course in your career with a good sense of belonging to academia – no matter what background you come from? In this seminar you’ll learn mental techniques for inner stability and orientation (inner compass) as well as external possibilities for becoming more financially secure by creating several income streams.
Day 1: Inner clarity – stability and orientation
- Mental techniques to stay or become confident, positive and motivated
- How to feel “at home” as a sense of belonging as a world citizen- no matter where you come from or live at the moment
- Find your inner compass – Your clear big picture of a balanced career
Day 2: Financial independence and agile planning methods in research and leadership
- Setting career priorities with so many unknown factors
- How to set and follow clear targets in agile times
- Unconventional financial strategies to create your financial independence