Digital Family Week
Monday-Monday, 11-18 October 2021
Please contact organisers for details
Please see individual event registration links
Further information and programme
To kick off the semester, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin is focusing on the topic of family. As part of “Digital Family Week”, the Family Support Centre would like to work with you to find answers to the extremely urgent question: How can you combine studies, career and family?
In the past year and a half, we have clearly experienced how challenging it can be to balance these areas of life and the responsibilities that go with them. This makes it all the more important to talk to each other and exchange experiences and information.
From 11 to 18 October 2021, you can look forward to various online events for getting to know each other, getting involved, finding out more and asking questions. Here is a selection:
- Family, Care, and Career – A talk given by the Pflegestützpunkt Berlin-Mitte. Wednesday, 13 October, 1 p.m. – 2 p.m. Please register here.
- Balancing Career and Family with Resilience – Training workshop for employees. Monday, 18 October, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. Please register here.
- Pregnant While Studying: What Happens Next? – Video tutorial on maternity leave and flexible studying. (Aimed at students of all genders!)
- Working and Becoming a Parent: Who Do I Notify of My Pregnancy and What About Parental Leave? – Video tutorial for employees of the HU
- Lessons Learned – Exchange and networking in the workplace “Familienforum” and in the Moodle course “Studieren mit Familie (Austauschforum)”
- Studying with Family – Questions and answers in the virtual Family Services Centre. Monday, 11 October, 5 p.m. – 6 p.m.; Thursday 14 October, 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.)
- Family Challenge – A new activity for the family every day
- Family Rally – Discover the Campus Nord with fun games
- Time to Move – Put on your sports clothes, turn up the music and let’s move together – guaranteed fun!
- This is Family – Colleagues from Student Affairs speak in video interviews about their most beaitufl and most challenging experiences with family.