Gender Equality in Higher Education: Legal Foundations and Hiring Processes
Wednesday, 30 June 2021, 10 a.m. – 1:15 p.m.
Topics surrounding gender equality are relevant in a variety of contexts in higher education. They play a role in everyday academic life not only in the introduction of concrete measures for equal opportunities, but also in the selection of applicants or in hiring procedures. A solid basic knowledge of the topic is necessary for a proper handling of equal opportunity issues. This online seminar provides a comprehensive overview of legal considerations that are of central importance for the implementation of gender equality measures in academia. In addition to the constitutional foundations of equality, the seminar primarily discusses issues relating to higher education law. The focus is on equality issues in hiring/appointment procedures.
Legal foundations for equality at universities
- Overview of the legal foundations
- Equality mandate and obligated parties
- Position, tasks and instruments of the equal opportunity representative
- Problem areas and equality measures
Equality in appointment procedures
- Rights of the equal opportunity representative in appointment procedures
- Equality-relevant aspects in appointment procedures