European Conference on Gender Equality in Higher Education
Wednesday-Friday, 15-17 September 2021
Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation and the Ministry of Universities, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid and European Network on Gender Equality in Higher Education
The aim of this conference is to promote a gender-sensitive culture in academic and R&I systems in light of the global challenges ahead of us. Talks will strengthen well-established debates on gender equality in higher education and research as well as encourage mainstreaming of the gender perspective in new domains such as national and regional funding agencies and the innovation sector.
The academic and institutional community behind the 11th European Conference is designing a high-level academic programme and parallel networking activities that will help make this conference lively and interesting for participants and help consolidate this European network.
Topics that will be addressed in the conference include:
- Gender approaches in fostering scientific-technical vocations, especially in STEM fields
- Integration of the gender dimension in university teaching (undergraduate, postgraduate and pre-doctoral training)
- Policies fostering the incorporation of the gender dimension into the content of research, knowledge transfer and innovation
- Policies fostering structural change for gender equality in the research, technology and innovation system
- Gender Equality Plans and strategies in research, technology and innovation institutions
- Impact of COVID-19 and the effects on women’s research careers as well as the role of sex/gender analysis in transdisciplinary research on COVID-19