Leadership Skills for Researchers
Date & Time
Tuesday, January 22, 2019, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Joh. v. Neumann-Haus, Humboldt-Kabinett
Rudower Chaussee 25, 12489 Berlin, Room 1.410
Female PhD students and postdocs, max. of 12 participants
WiNS Adlershof program (Women in Natural Sciences)
In addition to scientific knowledge, social skills are also critical abilities when building a scientific career. Leadership is essential to working groups and cooperative relationships working in a self-responsible and effective manner together. This workshop is conducted as part of the WiNS Adlershof program (Women in Natural Sciences).
- The new leadership style in the scientific and corporate world
- Self-leadership – reflection of the view of other people, philosophy and principles
- Role and function of a leader
- Leadership styles
- Methods and instruments of leadership
- How to lead virtual and global teams
- Typical situations for leaders – and solutions
- Conflict management