Career Prospects: Becoming a Professor
Professorships at universities of applied sciences (Hochschulen für angewandte Wissenschaften) are characterised by a high degree of responsibility, flexibility, and a close connection to both theory and practice.
This event will introduce aspects of this career path, especially for the technical and natural sciences. Three female professors from different institutions will talk about their professional backgrounds and answer questions from participants:
- Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Immelyn Domnick: Professor for Geoinformation, Cartography and Geography at Beuth Hochschule
- Prof. Dr. Anna-Maria von Saucken: Professor for Business Information Systems at HWR Berlin
- Prof. Amy Siu: Professor for Software Development at Beuth Hochschule
The following questions will addressed:
- What does a day in the life of a professor look like?
- How can I have a successful career? And/or successfully transition from industry and business to a university?
- What should I know about universities of applied sciences in particular?
- How is digitalisation changing teaching?
No previous knowledge is required. Detailed information on the process of becoming a professor and application requirements can be found on the website of the Central Women’s Representative of the Hochschule für Wirtschaft und Recht Berlin and at the Gender- und Technik-Zentrum (GuTZ) at Beuth Hochschule in German and English.
The event will be held in German, but questions in English are welcome.